Sunday, September 6, 2009

Musicians I know 3: BROTHERS AND SISTERS


So I had someone befriend me, we grew a distant relationship. Then he told me "You should check out my band, you might like it". I listened and loved immediately. We talked music here and there. Discuss theories here and there. Then I said, "Friend...I am coming to visit you".

I traveled to Austin and took a cab to the center of the city. I had made no plans. It was so intensely hot out that day. I jumped from shadow to shadow to avoid that intense Texas sun. A few feet later, I ended up at the fanciest hotel in Austin. They had one room left, the "Big Fatty" suite on the top floor. I exclaimed, "I'LL TAKE IT"! Up I went to the top floor.....whistling dixie.

I called Will and he said he would come pick me up with his sister Lily. I waited, they arrived, I jumped in, and off into the distance we went. It was the birth of Brothers and Sisters memories which now lye in my brain.

Watched there set later that night and was in heaven, singing along from my chair. The songs are so immediately memorable that you hang on words. And that's only sonically. Visually it's just as warm and sensational. From rough and rumble to smooth and beautiful. It's all there and needs to be in your life.



Please go listen to them and support their music
www.myspace.com/brothersandsistersmusic

No comments: