Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Musicians I know 5: DAVID BERKELEY



So after the late great Elliott Smith passed away, I decided to organize an Elliott Smith tribute show. All the proceeds went to the charity he worked with, and we ended having a great group of musicians play the show. One of those musicians was David Berkeley.

I remember seeing and hearing his stuff online. I remembered reading that he was an Elliott Smith fan, so I asked him if he wanted to play. I met him and immediately noticed how professional he was. He had his shit down. When he played you could tell he was at another level...great stuff.

Great song writing, wonderful melodies/harmonies and the best part is the vocal itself. The audio wave that he sends out and throws into your ear (which is presented to the brain to either like or not like) is stimulating.



Please go listen to him and support his music:
www.myspace.com/davidberkeley

No comments: